Spanish clubs have been given the green light to move from individual training into group training, with the government allowing La Liga teams to train in groups of up to 10 players, bringing a little closer to restarting the competition.
This somehow includes teams such as Barcelona and Real Madrid, whose regions remain in phase 0 of the de-confinement plan for the country. Last week, Barça returned to individual training after coronavirus testing the previous week. Starting from Monday morning at 9.30 am, they will now train in groups.
All this has been made possible because Spain’sannounced that clubs could move into the protocol of La Liga ‘s phase 3 of 4 (phase 4 will be a return to full training).
The BOE released an Order, SND/414/2020:
- Sports clubs or Sports Public Limited Companies may conduct medium-sized training sessions consisting of exercising individualized tasks of a physical and technical nature, as well as non-exhaustive tactical training sessions, in small groups of different athletes, up to a maximum of 10, maintaining distances of prevention, two meters in general, and avoiding situations in w To this end, they may use the facilities available to them, in accordance with the measures established by the health authorities.
- If the quarantine training scheme is chosen, it must comply with the specific measures established by the health authorities and the Higher Sports Council for this type of training. Where both the residence service is required and the restaurant and cafeteria services are opened, the measures set out in this order for this type of establishment must be complied with.
- The performance of the training tasks will be performed whenever possible in shifts, avoiding exceeding thirty per cent of the capacity the facility has for athletes, in order to maintain the minimum distances necessary to protect the athletes’ health.
- The technical staff necessary for their development may attend the training sessions, for which the health authorities have to maintain the general prevention and hygiene measures against COVID-19 indicated. Such technical staff shall appoint a person in charge who shall report the incidents to the sports entity coordinator.
- The changing rooms can be used in the general prevention and hygiene measures against COVID-19 indicated by the health authorities, respecting the provisions to that effect.
- Media may not be present at the training sessions.
For this reason, in accordance with the provisions of the above-mentioned Order and in accordance with the provisions of the La Liga Teams Action Protocol, all clubs and/or SAD will be able to develop group training corresponding to Phase 3 up to a maximum of 10 players from 18 May onwards.