The cooperation between Sadio Mane and Bayern Munich will probably not last longer than one year. Kicker knows policymakers have told the attacker he is not in the club’s plans for next season. A transfer is in progress.
Unwanted Mane gets a clear message from Bayern leadership
The 31-year-old Mane came over from Liverpool for more than thirty million euros last year, where he had become one of the best attackers in the world. At Bayern they were therefore very proud of the arrival of the Senegalese, but both parties did not like the cooperation.
Reports appeared as early as May that Bayern would like to get rid of Mane and that position has apparently not changed. On Tuesday, the first players of the German champion returned from their holiday and, according to Kicker, Mané was immediately told that he can look for something new.
With an estimated annual salary of twenty million euros, Mané is one of the biggest earners at Bayern. This is also an important reason why the Germans want to get rid of the attacker. Bayern want to bring in Tottenham Hotspur’s Harry Kane as the new attack leader. That requires a lot of money: not only for a lump sum payment, but also for Kane’s own financial wishes.
Mane, who scored twelve times in 38 games for Bayern, is in the alleged interest of clubs from Saudi Arabia. His contract in Munich will run for another two years.
Weghorst attracts interest from the Bundesliga
After loan spells to Besiktas and Manchester United, Wout Weghorst returned to Burnley this summer. His return may be short-lived, as there is reportedly interest from the Bundesliga.
Weghorst normally joins Burnley’s training on Thursday, which was crowned champion of the Championship last season and returned to the Premier League. It is not yet a foregone conclusion that the Dutch striker will play his matches at Turf Moor again, because according to Kicker, Bayer Leverkusen is considering a transfer.
Die Werkself still have to do without Patrik Schick for the time being. The Czech attack leader has been out of circulation for some time with muscle problems. And is not expected to return until October. Niclas Füllkrug, the striker of the German national team, is named as his replacement and Weghorst also joins that list.
The Bundesliga is not unknown territory for Weghorst. The striker played for VfL Wolfsburg for three and a half years. The Dutchman scored 59 goals in 118 Bundesliga matches.